May 11, 2007

Vegetarian food: A challenge

An Asian, having worked in an American predominant industry, goes in a beautiful North African country, stays amongst Arabs, who are conversant with Arabic and French languages and do not understand English.

Tries to find vegetarian food.

Then finds that its available but can't eat!!!

Because can't communicate and order...

The Food. A toughest and most difficult part of my stay.

Once I ordered Vegetarian Pizza and got Mediterranean Pizza!!! The shop owner could not understand my accent.

Luckily for me, I came across a pizza shop whose owner could converse in English. And he made Delicious Pizzas. Slowly, we became friends and on my last day in Tunisia, I went to his shop for the last bite.

He asked all his assistants not to work on my order. He made that pizza himself.

Such warmth I have come across only in India so far.

This place is situated near Champion super market(Lafayette), opposite INSTITUT BOURGUIBA DES LANGUES VIVANTES

I am happy to recommend this place.

No comments: